Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Healthiest Pasta...That Actually Tastes Good

Healthy pasta that doesn't taste like cardboard. A seemingly impossible feat, but I am happy to share with you a gluten-free pasta that tastes like...pasta! (Plus, a $10 coupon, so you can see for yourself!) 

If you've had a bad experience with whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, you may have written off the "alternative" stuff for good.

I did. Until I found my new pantry staple:

Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta

It's not mushy or fragile. You can't over cook it. And it won't fall apart like most (if not all) other gluten-free varieties. Once it gets to it's optimal consistency, after just 13 minutes, it can withstand the boiling water without deteriorating...Pretty impressive, especially since it contains only two ingredients: organic brown rice and water. 

Growing up in an Italian family, pasta was a daily staple, swimming in olive oil and grated Locatelli Romano cheese. Those days are long gone, and I have tried various gluten-free or "healthier" pastas over the years, but nothing has impressed me, so I just stopped eating pasta altogether.

Now that I've found this, though, I've already made it for dinner 3 times in 1 week. It's so yummy.

It has such a pleasant consistency, and isn't dry at all, so I've found that I don't even need to add olive oil to it, keeping it naturally low fat.

For those of you skimming, here is a recap of the Brown Rice Pasta Benefits:
  • Made with just 2 ingredients: organic brown rice and water
  • Cooks fast, in just 13 minutes, to perfect texture
  • You can't overcook it!
  • Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free
  • No need to add oil to keep it from sticking or add flavor.
  • DELICIOUS
I initially bought it at my local health food store for about $4.50, but I found it's much cheaper online at Vitacost for $3.60, where I already buy my supplements.

The exciting news? As a reader of this blog, you'll get $10 off your first order of $30 or more at Vitacost, so you can stock up on your healthy essentials and try the pasta, for free.

I had everyone in my family try it, including my 6 year old nephew and my brother (who is still eating his regular pasta covered in real dairy cheese), and no one could tell it wasn't "real pasta".

I simply cracked fresh black pepper and pink himalayan salt over it, and it got rave reviews.

Now, I want to know what you think! Once you've tried it, leave a comment below to let me know your opinion, or share a recipe.  



No comments:

Post a Comment