Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How to Make Green Juice Taste Great

Me and my Breville Juice Fountain
Since my post last week about juice fasting, I've been getting tons of requests for juice recipes.

So here you are my sweets!

One of my favorites is my Skin Glow Smoothie. I've traditionally made it with a regular blender, but I'm excited to say I finally ordered a Vitamix and will be receiving it this week. Once I get it I'll be able to play around with more delicious smoothie recipes so I'll keep ya'll posted!

As for juice, these are two that I love and sip down in seconds:

The Green Smile
Cucumber (one, with skin on)
Celery (4-5 large stalks)
Parsley (1 small bunch)
Apple (one)
Lemon (one small, without peel)

Green Lemonade
Celery (5-6 large stalks)
Kale (one bunch, stalks and all)
Apple (one)
Lemon (one, without peel)
Ginger (half inch piece)

Directions are simple: Juice and drink.

Oh, if only all cooking could be so easy!!

The trick with green juice is to add in apple and lemon. If you add in enough sweetness and tartness, the earthy-greeness is mellowed out.

Anyone else have good green juice recipes to share?

7 comments:

  1. Maria, these are excellent recipes. Do you have more?

    I'm moving away from being a carnivore to a green plant based diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like them!!!

      If you like these, you'll also love my smoothies, which you can find here: http://www.thebombshelldiet.com/p/bombshell-diet.html

      I am continuously adding juice and smoothie recipes, so keep checking back for more!

      Delete
  2. Do you have any idea how I can make a 'green' juice drink that tastes good without using apple? My 2 year old cannot have fructose (only in tiny amounts if given with glucose)so I'm trying to think of how I can make a vegetable juice drink that he will like. I'm waiting on my Omega 8004 to come in the mail, and meanwhile I'm trying to find good recipes. The foods he CAN have are kale, spinach, most leafy greens, broccoli, carrots in small portions, squash, blueberries, strawberries, and banana. I would have to sweeten if necessary with dextrose. Please let me know if you can help! We are desperate for ANY help for our little boy! He has severe fructose malabsorption, and can only absorb fructose when given an equal amount of glucose. Please help if you can! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter and April! There are plenty of ways to make green juice taste good, not to worry. If he has a sweet tooth, my initial thought is to make more of a smoothie by first juicing greens, and then throwing into the blender with a banana, or strawberries, (or both). Also, some leafy greens, like swiss chard and spinach are naturally sweet, so you could start with those before you move onto kale, or do a mixture of both.

      However, if he doesn't have a sweet tooth yet, I would suggest putting leafy greens with organic celery (so it makes it taste a little salty) or cucumber (which will mellow any "green" taste). The best thing to do is just experiment! Let me know how it works out!

      Delete
    2. What about red peppers? They are naturally sweet.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's a great idea, too! THanks Phil!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete