Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Skin Glow Smoothie: Kiwi Lime


Breakfast that makes you more beautiful? Sign me up!

Try this Kiwi Lime Smoothie packed with skin-loving ingredients to give you a radiant glow and keep up a youthful appearance, thanks to its high Vitamin C content. 

Kiwi Lime Smoothie
5 minutes to make // Yield: 1 serving 

Ingredients:

Juice of half a lime
2 kiwis, peeled
2 frozen bananas*
1 cup baby spinach (a healthy handful) 
1 inch piece of fresh aloe gel (optional)
1 tsp. coconut oil (optional)  

Instructions: 
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or Vitamix, and blend on high for at least 1 minute, or until completely smooth. Serve. 


*Instead of throwing away overripe bananas, peel, put in a freezer bag, and freeze overnight. Can be frozen for up to two months. These make the perfect creamy smoothie base. 

Oh, PS, I just have to share this video. Want proof that food has the power to age (or stop aging) you?

Check out this incredible video of a 70 year old woman, who looks, literally, half her age. Her secret? She eats lots of juicy, vitamin-packed plant food. 

2 comments:

  1. Gonna try this smoothie right away!

    Oh, I wish I had a garden and lived in another climate so I could also grow my own fruits and veggies! It's just unfair sometimes being a raw vegan, but doing the best you can in your situation is probably just as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Isabel!

      Yes, I wish I had my own garden, too! Would certainly lower the Whole Foods bill :)

      Delete